Why should I choose Sarah Reed Children's Center for my internship or practicum?
- Get real life experience working in the mental health field
- It isn’t just an internship, you will actively participate in client treatment, knowing you are making a difference
- Explore the various departments and functions within a mental health organization
- Work closely with and be a part of a team of professionals focused on the individual needs of children and adolescents in our care
- Observe trauma-informed care and treatment, utilizing the Sanctuary Model
- Have the freedom to work on your own individual project pertaining to the organization
Where could I be placed?
We currently offer Bachelor level internship and practicum opportunities in the following programs:
The Partial Hospitalization program offers a level of care that enables stabilization of a child’s emotional and behavioral disturbances with a therapeutically supported diversion from inpatient care. The goal of the program is to restore a level of functioning that enables the child to successfully return to a regular school setting, re-enter the community, and improve overall family functioning.
Residential Treatment Program
Our Residential Treatment Program is structured for children whose needs and safety concerns require a 24-hour treatment environment. We have five living units that provide a total of 76 licensed beds on our six-acre campus.
What would I do during my placement?
May vary by program
- Assist team members with job responsibilities and essential tasks associated with their clinical support positions
- Provide support in classroom or residential setting with behavior monitoring and therapeutic interactions
- Model and teach a psych-education curriculum that focuses on the Sanctuary Model
- Gain education on trauma-informed care, HIPAA, cultural competencies, and professional ethics
- Attend trainings in Safe Crisis Management
- Utilize your creativity to plan group activities and/or create incentive programs
- Exposure to clinical documentation
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Grow in problem solving, empathy, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution
Start Your Journey with Sarah Reed
Learn more about our internship and practicum opportunities.Apply Today